SCRIPTURE UNION – FINANCE ASSISTANT (Maternity cover)
Scripture Union has a maternity cover vacancy for a Finance Assistant until Christmas 2018.
The role requires the postholder to be in the National Office in Milton Keynes.
Full-time, 5-6 months, Fixed-term Contract
Salary: £19,000 pa
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join our small Finance and Gifts team in Milton Keynes for five to six months to cover maternity leave until Christmas. Reporting to the Lead Accountant, you will be responsible for undertaking a wide variety of financial and other duties, including purchase ledger, to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Key skills required:
- Finance administration experience
- Experience of working with accounting or financial systems (SAGE would be preferred)
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
You will be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills and be bright, dedicated and hard working.
If you think that you may be the individual we are looking for, then we’d love to receive an application from you. For more information or to apply, please click on the job profile below and submit a CV and covering letter indicating your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Any questions: please contact Adelaide Nketsia, HR Officer, on 01908 856126, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22 June 2018
Interview date: 29 June 2018
Interview location: Milton Keynes
This role has an occupational requirement to be filled by a committed Christian. Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9 applies.
WELL STREET UNITED CHURCH – YOUTH LEADER
Well Street United Church is a lively church that has a mission statement of ‘Putting the King at the Heart of Buckingham.’ We are seeking to do this from our building in the centre of Buckingham, our Sunday venue on a new estate in the town, and through involvement in our community.
The Youth Leader will be accountable to the Minister and Elders of the church, and will lead the team that is already engaging with young people in our church and beyond.
Purpose of the Role: The Youth Leader will have overall responsibility for all aspects of youth work for ages 11-18 years. The role is vital in ensuring that young people have every opportunity to explore the Christian faith, to grow in it, and to serve in the church and the world.
At present, we have around 25 young people connected to the church.
1. Being responsible as team leader for youth work at Well Street United Church.
2. Coordinating and leading work amongst young people on Sunday mornings
3. Leading the Youth Life Group, currently meeting on a Sunday evening
4. Organising regular trips to the monthly Soul Survivor gatherings
5. Developing appropriate means to help young people learn about and engage with the Christian faith
6. Providing pastoral care and support for young people
1. Input into our Sunday worship especially our All-In event, a bi-monthly inter-generational service
2. Organising and attending trips to the annual Soul Survivor weeks, or similar
3. Leading and facilitating an annual youth weekend away
4. Providing input to the annual Buckingham Churches Holiday Club
5. Engaging with unchurched young people in the town. A possible means might be through Project Street Life (PSL), a youth club that meets every Friday in Lace Hill Community Centre, and in which several of our church members are involved.
6. Developing links with the Grammar and Secondary schools in the town. This could involve leading assemblies, and supporting Christian Unions.
7. Working with other churches when appropriate
8. Other duties as required by the church
Start Date: Subject to negotiation but ideally by September 2018
Working Hours: 20 hours per week, flexible and including Sundays
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days pro-rata
Contract Length: Three years
Salary: £10 per hour
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references. The successful applicant will be required to follow the safeguarding training and procedures of the Methodist Church in Britain.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the job holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Acts 2010.
How to apply: Please send a CV and a letter of application to: Margaret Kentish Well Street United Church 18 Well Street Buckingham MK18 7RR
Closing Date: Monday 2nd July 2018