CHURCHES TOGETHER IN ENGLAND – COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Churches Together in England (CTE) is seeking to appoint a proactive and engaging communications assistant for seven hours per week, on an eight-month fixed term contract.
The role offers the opportunity to be involved in creating digital communications content for CTE’s website, Twitter account and e-newsletter, and to play a key role in supporting the delivery of CTE’s new website in 2020.
This new role comes during a period of exciting development at CTE, and the successful candidate will report to the Senior Communications and Media Officer.
Seven hours per week (either two half-days or one full day per week)
Eight-month fixed term contract
Home-based, accessible to London
£12.60 per hour
The ideal candidate will be an engaging written communicator with strong organisational skills and a positive, proactive attitude. Experience in creating content for websites and/or social media are strongly desirable. The candidate should be a ‘self-starter’ and confident working remotely, from home.
An application pack can be downloaded at www.cte.org.uk/CommsAssistant and the closing date is 9am on Friday 31st January 2020 with interviews to be held on Tuesday 11th February in Tavistock Square.
SHENLEY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP – YOUTH PASTOR
Youth Pastor Post (part time – 24 hours per week) – job description and person specification.
The Youth Pastor will have overall leadership of the 11-18’s youth ministry, including building and leading the team of volunteers. We want to see our youth develop into spirit-filled active Christians, pursuing their faith wherever they find themselves, committed to growing in their relationship with Jesus and working towards the church vision which says:
“We see a vibrant church where the love, joy and peace of Jesus shine through all we say, all we do and all we are; enriching lives so that all may choose to experience the fullness of life in Christ.”
We want to build a culture of authenticity, openness, and care, where our young people support one another and speak into each others lives, and the life of the church.
We expect the Youth Pastor to build the youth ministry in accordance with our mission statement and church values, which can be found at www.scf-mk.org.uk
To provide leadership of the Youth ministry at SCF. Responsible for …
- Leading and coordinating Sunday Service youth ministry
- Develop, leading and coordinating the fledgling Friday night youth social ministry
- One-to-one support with young people
- Development of a program of schools ministry
- Coordinating youth visits to Soul Survivor Watford
- Development of an annual youth weekend away
- Development of youth services.
- Leading and building the volunteer team in line with the Safer Recruiting Policy of SCF
- Build and maintain connections with youth leaders (both church and community) in other parts of the city and be involved with the annual Hope MK initiative.
(It should be noted that the SCF Office Manager might be able to assist with some of these administrative tasks)
- To set up a parent communication system and coordinate weekly news updates for the youth and parents.
- Collate youth information and update Church Suite (the church database software) as well as ensuring the youth team has details of young people for each session including allergies etc.
- To book, arrange and communicate events for activities in the program. This will include, but is not limited to, contacting event venues and negotiating best prices, organising travel arrangements, equipment hire (where needed) accommodation and food arrangements (where required) etc.
- To attend monthly youth team meeting and to support with actions from these meetings.
- To set and maintain the youth budget, working in the financial parameters as set by the Trustees of SCF
- Produce and manage a termly rota for the all the activities including staffing for the activities.
- Produce leaflets and programs for the youth quarterly both in hard copy and digital media formats.
- Arranging and buying breakfast for Sunday morning youth teaching sessions.
- Arranging and buying tuck shop for reload and any other supplies needed each month.
- To set up a sign in desk and get cover for the desk so young people register and new families are welcomed for both Sunday morning and Friday Reload.
- Put together and maintain a youth welcome pack for new families.
- Taking forward the purchasing of Youth hoodies. Finalising this and Coordinating and taking orders.
- Keeping the website coordinator up to date with the correct information and ensure all programs are loaded up for easy accessibility for young people and parents.
- Liaise with the office re new team applications and monitor progress (Safer Recruitment).
- Research and gather information to support the youth team in the application process for grants.
- Ideally the Youth Pastor will have undertaken some form of theological training and have a JNC qualification. Some form of prior church youth ministry experience is necessary.
- Committed and mature Christian, in sympathy with the ethos, vision & values of our church, and willing to become a church member.
- Willing to develop their own Christian faith journey and be mentored and undergo CPD
- Personable, friendly and easy-going by nature, easily able to relate to children, youth and adults.
- Flexible and be able to adapt to demands as the youth grows.
- IT proficient
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be a self-starter.
- Willing to undertake further training where required.
- Willing to undertake the Safer Recruiting process and undertake a CRB check.
- The Youth Pastor will be line managed by the Senior Church Leader and the Leadership Team member responsible for the youth ministry.
- The Youth Pastor must abide by the SCF Safeguarding Policy Statement (see attached document)
Contact Shenley Christian Fellowship if you are interested in this post. See their website for contact details –