SCRIPTURE UNION – SENIOR FUNDRAISING MANAGER
Full-time, Milton Keynes – £33,000 pa
Scripture Union are looking to appoint a Senior Fundraising Manager to lead on the development and delivery of an ambitious fundraising strategy to support the work of Scripture Union England and Wales. Ideally, you will:
- be an experienced fundraiser who has a sound knowledge of the UK Christian marketplace and the attitudes and motivations of Christian donors
- be an excellent communicator with a proven track record in project managing, fundraising and marketing campaigns from concept to delivery
- have a good understanding of new donor acquisition and donor retention principles and strategies across a range of off-line and online channels
- be an enthusiastic team player, and be competent at working effectively on your own, as well as part of a team
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- have a good understanding of the principles of direct marketing, with an ability to develop persuasive propositions for religious audiences.
If this describes you, and you are in agreement with the aims and beliefs of Scripture Union, then we would like to hear from you. For more details or to apply, please click on the job profile below and submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Adelaide Nketsia, HR Officer on 01908 856126, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 4 November 2019
Interview date: 20 November 2019
Interview location: Milton Keynes
MK CHRISTIAN FOUNDATION – SECTOR MINISTER – DIRECTOR
Permanent, full time role
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary Package: £36,500 plus pension (if ordained a stipend at denominational rates, housing and pension)
A unique and exciting opportunity to explore and develop new approaches to mission and church through social enterprise
As Sector Minister – Director of MK Christian Foundation you will:
- Hold, develop and communicate, with others, the mission, vision and values of the MK Christian Foundation, with our particular expression of the Christian Faith and way, with its emphasis on the practical outworking of the gospel;
- Ensure the growth and development of the community of our staff, trainees, volunteers and other service users enabling them to participate in delivering our mission and values;
- Oversee the on-going sustainability of the organisation, working with others to develop projects, new enterprises and expanded contracts that deliver our mission and Strategic Plan.
For more details and how to apply click here
Closing date for applications: 12.00 midnight on Friday 7 November 2019
SHENLEY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP – YOUTH PASTOR
Youth Pastor Post (part time – 24 hours per week) – job description and person specification.
The Youth Pastor will have overall leadership of the 11-18’s youth ministry, including building and leading the team of volunteers. We want to see our youth develop into spirit-filled active Christians, pursuing their faith wherever they find themselves, committed to growing in their relationship with Jesus and working towards the church vision which says:
“We see a vibrant church where the love, joy and peace of Jesus shine through all we say, all we do and all we are; enriching lives so that all may choose to experience the fullness of life in Christ.”
We want to build a culture of authenticity, openness, and care, where our young people support one another and speak into each others lives, and the life of the church.
We expect the Youth Pastor to build the youth ministry in accordance with our mission statement and church values, which can be found at www.scf-mk.org.uk
To provide leadership of the Youth ministry at SCF. Responsible for …
- Leading and coordinating Sunday Service youth ministry
- Develop, leading and coordinating the fledgling Friday night youth social ministry
- One-to-one support with young people
- Development of a program of schools ministry
- Coordinating youth visits to Soul Survivor Watford
- Development of an annual youth weekend away
- Development of youth services.
- Leading and building the volunteer team in line with the Safer Recruiting Policy of SCF
- Build and maintain connections with youth leaders (both church and community) in other parts of the city and be involved with the annual Hope MK initiative.
(It should be noted that the SCF Office Manager might be able to assist with some of these administrative tasks)
- To set up a parent communication system and coordinate weekly news updates for the youth and parents.
- Collate youth information and update Church Suite (the church database software) as well as ensuring the youth team has details of young people for each session including allergies etc.
- To book, arrange and communicate events for activities in the program. This will include, but is not limited to, contacting event venues and negotiating best prices, organising travel arrangements, equipment hire (where needed) accommodation and food arrangements (where required) etc.
- To attend monthly youth team meeting and to support with actions from these meetings.
- To set and maintain the youth budget, working in the financial parameters as set by the Trustees of SCF
- Produce and manage a termly rota for the all the activities including staffing for the activities.
- Produce leaflets and programs for the youth quarterly both in hard copy and digital media formats.
- Arranging and buying breakfast for Sunday morning youth teaching sessions.
- Arranging and buying tuck shop for reload and any other supplies needed each month.
- To set up a sign in desk and get cover for the desk so young people register and new families are welcomed for both Sunday morning and Friday Reload.
- Put together and maintain a youth welcome pack for new families.
- Taking forward the purchasing of Youth hoodies. Finalising this and Coordinating and taking orders.
- Keeping the website coordinator up to date with the correct information and ensure all programs are loaded up for easy accessibility for young people and parents.
- Liaise with the office re new team applications and monitor progress (Safer Recruitment).
- Research and gather information to support the youth team in the application process for grants.
- Ideally the Youth Pastor will have undertaken some form of theological training and have a JNC qualification. Some form of prior church youth ministry experience is necessary.
- Committed and mature Christian, in sympathy with the ethos, vision & values of our church, and willing to become a church member.
- Willing to develop their own Christian faith journey and be mentored and undergo CPD
- Personable, friendly and easy-going by nature, easily able to relate to children, youth and adults.
- Flexible and be able to adapt to demands as the youth grows.
- IT proficient
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be a self-starter.
- Willing to undertake further training where required.
- Willing to undertake the Safer Recruiting process and undertake a CRB check.
- The Youth Pastor will be line managed by the Senior Church Leader and the Leadership Team member responsible for the youth ministry.
- The Youth Pastor must abide by the SCF Safeguarding Policy Statement (see attached document)
Contact Shenley Christian Fellowship if you are interested in this post. See their website for contact details –