coMPass – Autumn 2019 – Bookings now open!
We are now taking bookings for our Autumn coMPass courses.
Leading for a Change, led by our Director of Ecumenical Mission John Robertson, is our programme designed to equip and empower you as a Christian to bring about positive change through missional projects. The kinds of change envisaged lie within two broad categories:
- Change initiated together with community partners. This may have a focus on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marks of Mission
- Change which initiates new missional projects within the church
The course adopts a community organising model developed by Citizens:MK within a Christian framework by which Christian beliefs, values and purposes are expressed and become drivers for change. The course has two distinct phases: a teaching phase which takes place at the beginning of the course, starting in September, and an action phase which follows during which participants will take on a Change Project. This latter phase will be supported by regular action learning sets.
Further details can be found in the Leading for a Change leaflet here or contact John Robertson tel 01908 311310.
Discovering the Core of Christmas – led by Steve Chilcraft
This course will explore Christmas, its biblical background and the issues it raises. The course will take place over 4 evening sessions at Christ Church in Stantonbury.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Turkeys, trees and tinsel: examining our Christmas traditions and testing the commercial Christmas.
- Come thou long expected Jesus – The Biblical background to Christmas: what did the prophets foretell? What kind of Messiah were the people expecting? Where does John the Baptist fit in?
- O Little Town of Bethlehem – Miracles at midnight? What does the Bible really say about the birth of Jesus? Understanding the narrative.
- The Word became Flesh – Jesus, human and divine? Exploring the theology of the incarnation and its implications for us.
Full details and how to apply can be found here. Payment can be made by Paypal or cheque. Bursaries are available on request. Do please ask. We don’t want money to be a barrier to learning.